stands for Digital Object Identifier
and is the unique identifier for objects on the internet. It can be used to create persistent link and to cite articles.
Using DOI as a persistent link
To create a persistent link, add「http://dx.doi.org/」
before a DOI.
For instance, if the DOI of an article is 10.5297/ser.1201.002 , you can link persistently to the article by entering the following link in your browser: http://dx.doi.org/ 10.5297/ser.1201.002 。
The DOI link will always direct you to the most updated article page no matter how the publisher changes the document's position, avoiding errors when engaging in important research.
Cite a document with DOI
When citing references, you should also cite the DOI if the article has one. If your citation guideline does not include DOIs, you may cite the DOI link.
DOIs allow accurate citations, improve academic contents connections, and allow users to gain better experience across different platforms. Currently, there are more than 70 million DOIs registered for academic contents. If you want to understand more about DOI, please visit airiti DOI Registration （ doi.airiti.com ） 。
- 1. van Boheemen S, de Graaf M, Lauber C, Bestebroer TM, Raj VS, Zaki AM, Osterhaus AD, Haagmans BL, Gorbalenya AE, Snijder EJ et al: Genomic characterization of a newly discovered coronavirus associated with acute respiratory distress syndrome in humans. mBio 2012, 3(6).
- 2. Rota PA, Oberste MS, Monroe SS, Nix WA, Campagnoli R, Icenogle JP, Penaranda S, Bankamp B, Maher K, Chen MH et al: Characterization of a novel coronavirus associated with severe acute respiratory syndrome. Science 2003, 300(5624):1394-1399.
- 3. Cowley TJ, Long SY, Weiss SR: The murine coronavirus nucleocapsid gene is a determinant of virulence. J Virol 2010, 84(4):1752-1763.
- 4. Fleming JO, Trousdale MD, Stohlman SA, Weiner LP: Pathogenic characteristics of neutralization-resistant variants of JHM coronavirus (MHV-4). Adv Exp Med Biol 1987, 218:333-342.
- 5. Wise J: Two more cases of novel coronavirus are confirmed in UK. BMJ 2013, 346:f1030.
The cart has had several articles, so do you want to clear it, or add together to the cart?